Sunday, April 3, 2016

Adding Numbers

A small detail but a satisfying bit of work. This weekend I reinstalled the original numbering on the northern side.
First I chalked it all out based on the numbering seen on 1074 at the Ipswich Carriage Works
Working from photos I selected a sample pot of Gold Rush yellow which seems a bit brighter than the Kings Gold I've been using on the interior.

But I reverted to Kings Gold which has a more muted effect. After several coats and cleanup around the margins, I was quite happy with my first attempt at sign writing!

In context against the side of the carriage. This is the earlier style of livery, simple and elegant.


1 comment:

  1. A1 WreckersScrap cars Brisbane and car wreckers brisbane offers you the cash for cars and affordable second hand part shopping experience. Whether you want a spare car part or want to sell your junk car, you won’t be disappointed with us.

    ReplyDelete